A stump by formal definition is the bottom part of the tree left projecting from the ground after most of the trunk has fallen or been cut down. It is constantly left behind protruding because it is tough to remove it without special equipment. Unknowingly, it poses a lot of danger, since it can or will cause accidents if completely ignored or mismanaged. It is important that you use qualified arborists in Brisbane are professional tree surgeons
How does Stump Grinding work?
- Stump grinders usually start their job by vertically cutting hardened surface roots attached to the central stump in order to facilitate digging its surrounding portions.
- Special equipment known as the stump grinding machine comes with a circular saw that resembles a bicycle’s chain rings that is solely responsible for making gradual and vertical cuts on the stump. In some cases where the stump is shallow, other field personnel uses chainsaws to create horizontal cuts to slowly remove smaller portions. Consequently, deep-rooted stumps are eliminated painstakingly with the same process, though, would take a longer time to get the job done.
- Smaller portions, bits or pieces of wood chips scattered around the work area are cleared and collected for disposal; but garden enthusiasts use it for mulching, a way of growing healthy plants without the use of synthetic fertilizers.
- The part where the stump once stood would create a hole right after the clearing operations. Part of the job is covering or filling in the excavation with soil or sand until everything appears plain on sight and new plans for construction can commence.
- Other options include planting it with grass or ornamental plants in order to look just like a part of a lawn or a garden.
- The best thing about stump grinding is its concern for the environment. The job does not use chemicals to prevent contamination; thereby preserving natural soil minerals or nutrients.
Top 5 reasons why stump should be removed or grinded
- A stump in an open field will be dangerous for children and adults alike since it is projected on the surface. A single mistake can lead to a slip or fall while playing or simply walking down the street or pavement.
- A stump is exposed to heat or rain, and when it is left there to rot, it could be a home for harmful insects like ants, termites and other pests which can or will cause additional problems in the community.
- A lot of stumps on sight can hinder future developments in terms of construction and implementation of infrastructure projects in your area. Removing them would facilitate a smooth-sailing plan that would benefit everybody.
- Some varieties of tree stumps have the possibility of regrowing because the root balls are still intact underground. When this happens, a new tree of the same kind stands unexpectedly and could cause obstruction or disturbance in the neighborhood. The hassle of cutting it for the second time would entail an additional cost of labor or manpower.
- A ground or area free of stumps can be a venue for an exceptional landscape project like theme parks or community playgrounds. With these on sight will probably be an eyesore, especially in an urban setting.
Why avail of stump grinding services?
- Stump removal should not be done personally by homeowners or residents in a particular area. Why? It is because the nature of the job takes a lot of risk or danger. Leave it to the experts because they have the proper orientation, skills, and training. They also use special tools, machinery, and equipment to perform a specific line of work, based on your needs.